November 22, 2013

A Reprise | Of Beauty and a Rant...

Music | Thighs High by Tom Browne

A thought provoking reply was sent to me which tried to console some of my conflicts of my previous blog entry. Her biggest and obvious point was that there are no answers to some questions... My response...

You've managed to state the obvious, that there are no answers to some questions. Sometimes it is true, you can't see the forest for the trees... I've managed to relieve a lot of stress by not lingering on the things that bother me that I have no control over or merely try to guide. It is amazing how light my shoulders became when I came to that conclusion.

The problem with art, however is that it is so entangled with me that my questions arise everytime I get on the computer, go thru a magazine, look at the side of a bus... or watch tv and even listen to the radio...

Was life as an artist more simple when the world wasn't driven by constant visual media? I always thought how wonderful it would be to live in Paris in the 20's. I think now how great it would be to be in Europe during the Impressionism era, which wasn't too far off when Wet Plate Collodion was discovered!

In the end... we only have the present. I know... "Deal with it, and shut the fuck up!" :-)

No comments:

 
-- --