February 11, 2014

Birth of a Memory...

Music Dawn by The Cinematic Orchestra

The tedium of having to frame 21 images has turned into a pleasant drone of zen. As I pull out a wonderfully printed portrait and fit it into the opening of the mat board, tack it, sign the back (which has become a rather serious repeating gesture), I started to sense a nice feeling of accomplishment, of not only framing another image, but the working on the completion of the start of another circle of image life. Soon to be hung for an exhibition, then presented to each of the people I photographed, it leaves my hands I can only hope, be appreciated and hung somewhere prominent for it to be seen by the subject of him or herself, family, friends and maybe some strangers. As a photograph should, bring back history, feelings, memories...

No comments:

 
-- --