September 17, 2018

My Lament is My Fuel

Music | School Boy Crush by Average White Band

This shit is hard... I guess it has always been that way, but when looking to the past, when all there was was film, there was nothing to compare it to. Maybe it is because I am getting older... Old Dogs not being able to learn new tricks... but there is the constant struggle. Even when you think you have things ironed out, something changes, subtle to more obvious, but those curve balls keep rolling in and one must constantly adjust. But hell, I've been doing this well over 30 years...

Exposures, focus, developing of the film, things that are second nature to me, but I think technology has made me lazy. I remember when the home computer first came on the scene, how it touted that it will make things easier and faster, make us more efficient and enable us to do much more. This was even before the internet. Indeed, the iPhone has its advantages of being able to do all the things that it does and, very well. However, I no longer know my daughters phone number, I rely on GPS to get to places I am not familiar with and wouldn't be able to make it back home without it... I use it to remind me how many steps I have done through out the day instead of just going out and taking a walk. My nose is in front of its screen, or my ipad or my computer instead of having conversations with people...

Off topic, my mind wanders... I wonder why...

So even now, I am still having to make adjustments with my images. One may think it is fine if you can get a decent looking image on screen, but the true measurement is will the film (or file) be capable of making a decent print. My lament is also my fuel. I think I enjoy the struggle.


Adriana


Adriana in Kimonos and Rope

No comments:

 
-- --