August 09, 2005

Long Lenses

I love my new lense. I haven't had this much reach since back in the day when I used a Canon F1-N. Can you say manual focus and film. The upgrade from my beloved F1 was to new technology of Auto focus cameras. Though I had my doubts, I finally moved up to a Canon A-2 and a few lenses, but having done so, I lost a slew of camera bodies and lenses for a trade in. It was with the F1 where I had a 135 f:2.0 and a 200 f:2.8 among many other fast focal lengths.

It hasn't been since then that I ever looked into a camera with a longer lense than a 100mm. With this zoom, I can move from 70 to 200mm at f:2.8 across the focal lengths of the lense. I was actually afraid to use it. But after shooting and getting decent results, I shot an entire job with it. It's taken me awhile to get used to it, but I think the look of the compression is wonderful.

No comments:

 
-- --