May 05, 2010

re Learning Patience...

Music | Numb by Sia Furler

Finally, shot more 4x5 last week and processed the film just now... So I'm in the familiar place of having so much anticipation to see what I got, but I still don't read negatives very well... I mean, I do have a properly exposed neg, looks quite good in fact. But I can't really say until I either make a positive of it, or scan it so I can see it on the Positive side. Problem is, the film is still wet and like watching paint dry, film is no less harsh.

I do like this old familiar feeling. I remember having to wait at least a week when I would drop film off at Walgreens to have my film developed and printed. Just after receiving that envelope with the 3.5x5 inch prints, I'd quickly go over them and declare good or bad, moving quickly on to the next.

Turn around times got shorter as time moved on and now we only have to wait just to get back to the computer... But with that efficiency and the immediacy, the sense of anticipation is gone. Here I am now biding my time by writing of the experience because I know I can't do anything until the film is completely dry...

I'm finding this is a special time, maybe when time starts to move slower than faster, so I won't feel so compelled to think my life is running right by me. I need more of this...

No comments:

 
-- --