January 28, 2014

2013...

Music | The Space Between by Zero 7

I've got a journal I try and write in, on and off for my entire adult life. Some started, but never finished. My last one had one entry for 2013, so again, I decided I will try. What is written there may or may not be as detailed, but probably much more personal. However, I always find it important to keep up this blog, as it started, not just about photography, but whatever I feel like writing.

2013...

Quite a year it was. I think for the most part, very positive, insightful, and more emotional than I am dealing with, even now. As artist, I'm moving thru some stages of my development, more technical I think, but important still. If I can measure movement, I'm pretty sure I will be happy about it. My work moved to a larger format, 8x10 and a new media, glass. The ambrotypes has me at some sort of crossroads. I'm not sure exactly what choices I've made, other than delving into it, but I think it will mark something in my career as an artist.

Structure, which I didn't realize I have missed was re introduced to me via becoming a a part time worker at a friends café. 20 hours a week has opened up my eyes in many more ways than I would have ever thought. Besides really enjoying what I do, I've realized my reality of how I've been living was way out of the ordinary. Enlightenment is a great thing and I hope to be moving in a direction of not only being productive as an artist, but a person as well...

Because there was a lot of movement in my life this year, I haven't faced head on the fact that 2013 was the first complete year that Dara has moved out of the city, being away from me. Our visit for the month of August was absolutely fantastic, but reminded me even more so how much I miss here when she had to return. The holidays sucked, but I was busy with work, which makes me feel someone is looking out for me...

No resolutions for 2014... Just merely moving with what 2013 gave me. I hope to continue the work as an artist and gain more insite to being a person...

No comments:

 
-- --