March 02, 2014

_AmmaLynn_

Music | The Man with the Movie Camera by The Cinematic Orchestra

On the heels of yesterdays shoot with Françoise Weeks, I got Amanda to come back to the studio to shoot a few Ambrotypes. As I know, be prepared before the shoot, or the process that is Wet Plate Collodion will bite you in the ass. I was thinking I was running a bit low on developer just before Amanda got here. Instead of making more, I decided I had enough, if used sparingly... Well, the first plate was a wash because I didn't pour enough. It happened again when I decided to stop the shooting until I made more. Why didn't I listen to myself and just spend the time to make more before the shoot even started...

In any case, working with Amanda always yields great images. We completed 3 plates even with the distractions...


My Favorite of the afternoon...

No comments:

 
-- --