October 08, 2014

messages...

Music | Maddening Shroud by Frou Frou

On occasion, I write either emails, messages or posts to a forum that sums up a lot of what is going on in my head. I thought this one was worth archiving for reference...

email going back and forth with Janusz...

...I don't think that analogue is better, but the mind set going into a film shoot is totally different than doing it digitally. I know I am much more serious, sensitive and very mindful as to what is going on in the view finder and around me much more than when I shoot digital. I totally understand about chems going bad and the issues that have to be dealt with. It is just a matter of choice...

I was speaking with a friend about nostalgia. Recently, I have been getting creature comforts in my life that make me feel good. Of course many of them are from my past and the memories are what I hold on to. Things that I loved back then are have become symbols of a time that is no more. Prints losing way to screen is one... I started to wear an analogue watch again. I bought an old used Domke canvas bag to hold my camera gear. I recently bought the most expensive pen I even spent on such a thing so I can write more in my paper journal... I also traded an Audi for an old Volvo 240. I can work on the Volvo and fix things, where the Audi was just too intimidating to me. Everything is controlled by a computer...

I am sure a lot of my way of thinking keeps me shooting analogue. As I get older, I am losing the sense of now. So I go back to where I am comfortable, which is like 25 years ago... :-)

1 comment:

Fuelfed said...

Quality is quality, regardless of when it is made. If one feels a strong sense of satisfaction by working with tools that give tactile engagement, then one must fill their life with the proper tools. The key is finding those tools through out ones life. Most people never do.

 
-- --