April 12, 2005

Kyocera | News release

Kyocera | News release

When the Contax 645 auto focus line came out, I thought they would give Hasselblad a run for their money. Very well designed, great ergonomics, and produced wonderfully sharp images. This system came out very pricey, as if to say, "Who is Hasselblad?"

-------------------------

What used to take a generation to improve product, these days a decade is a time warp. I'm wondering as technology moves forward, are we going to have a past? My Dad had a Kenwood stereo system with a Gerard turn table and Knight Speakers. These components did there job for over 20 years without having to take it to the shop. And back then, if you took it to the shop, there were guys who could actually fix them. I too bought a Kenwood receiver in the mid 80's. I had some problems with it a few years later and was told it couldn't be fixed because there were no parts source...

All my photos in the last 6 years are digital. They sit on CD's and soon dvd's. All my correspondance for the most part has been email in the last 10 years. I've all ready lost very important communications travelling this route. Lp's and cd's for music are now an afterthought. All my music sits on a hard drive. For immediate accessability, we are living in the times. I can communicate with all most anyone in my world within a day. But what I fear is as technology rolls on, we are missing elements that may prevent us to have keepsakes of our past. How ever our memories are held and as delicate as they have ever been, I'm feeling I really need to take hold of these issues and hold on to my own past, some how...

No comments:

 
-- --