May 30, 2006

A.M.

This getting up early in the morning business might be a good thing, but I think even the most early riser will think this is ridiculous! I got up around 4 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. This happens every once in awhile and I either watch a little TV to fall back asleep or get on the internet until my eyes lids become too heavy to keep open. I went back into my bed, but I just layed there. Knowing I wasn't going to sleep, I decided to do some laundry, wash the dishes and clean the kitchen, arrange my office (a little...). It was 6 a.m. when I finished the kitchen. I found this feat so amazing, I had to write about it.

The sun starts to light up the sky around 4:30 or so. I've never seen the sun shine so directly thru my northern exposure dining room window. A tiny little spider greeted me in one of the bowls I was about to wash. Wow, a neighbor gets up and starts his car at 4:45. Other people are awake at this hour!!! At 6:15, my 2nd load of laundry is in the machine. My morning tea tastes a little better than I remember. Outside is a strange site to behold. Light is in my eyes in the dining room, shadows are invading places I've never seen... wtf?

I'm feeling like that commercial for the army or marines... You know, it goes something like, "We do more by 6 a.m. than most people do in the entire day!" This is just crazy...

No comments:

 
-- --