January 25, 2007

Bedroom eyes... closed

Music | Back to Life by Soul II Soul

bou·doir /ˈbudwɑr, -dwɔr/[boo-dwahr, -dwawr] Pronunciation Key
–noun
a woman's bedroom or private sitting room.

The lesson learned over the 2006 year was to make certain to keep shooting and trying new things. I know I've become more accustomed to at least try and shoot things I would have earlier turned down. But I like where I have come to. I still have an arrogance as to what I shoot, they way I shoot, and approach a subject, but I feel that keeps me on edge. I'm just now though going thru with some things I would only think about, not actually do. Theory without practice doesn't leave any lessons.

So I was presented with this opportunity to photograph this woman, without actually meeting her in advance. Our conversations has all been thru the internet. But thru our "chatting", we got a good feel for each other and where we were coming from for the planning of this shoot. I was lucking enough to work with a woman who was very comfortable with her body and was willing to try anything I suggested. A lot of time was just jazz, as we improvised without many words.

My colleague, Randy Kepple has worked this mantra of "Finding the Light" over the last few years. I was prepared with most of my lighting kit for this shoot, but I opted to use the ambient light in the room, instead. I was again struck with great luck with a window that practically went from the floor to the ceiling. It wasn't too hard to see what was happening in front of me as the light just danced.

2 comments:

Randy said...

Very nice image...and well done on "finding the light". Truly, that is what it's all about and a true master has learned to find and see with his mind's eye and his creative eye.

Would love to see more...looks like this one worked for you!

Erio said...

There are a few more, and it is interesting that I decided to post this one as opposed to others. Although there are others that the client much preferred, there are images that I did not want to be representative of me. I don't want to come across as too superfluous.

 
-- --