January 27, 2007

The Internet Vortex

I often spend a lot of time my computer, running my photo files thru to convert or modify, taking care of my finances, working on marketing issues... And then there is the internet. I know since I finally got a 28.8k modem with my Apple Performa 400, I've been hooked on the internet. It has sucked the life out of me where I could have been doing so many other things, but instead, I sit in front of the screen and see what is "out there..." I remember reading about how the internet has turned into a disease for many people where they live out there lives virtually. And with the speed that the internet now achieves, there is so much available, creating even more distraction.

In an attempt to change this decade+ old obsession, I'm dropping some of the often well read forums I would frequent. After thinking about all the time I spend on some of these forums, and thinking of my ROI, I've opted out. Slowly, I hope to take back some of the life that has been enveloped on the internet.

No comments:

 
-- --