April 11, 2007

Kung Fu Hustle and the Little Cussing Girl

Music | Infinite Eyes by Keb Mo

So I got the chance to see Kung Fu Hustle the other day and really enjoyed it. The story line is one of fairy tales and I thought with the exception to some of the violence, my daughter would really like it. The fighting scenes are quite incredible, but some of the cartoonish effects are effective as well. We started to watch the first part of the movie (the kill for the sake of killing edited...) Since the movie is subtitled, I was doing the dialog for my daughter as the movie went along. She has been reading well, but I didn't think she would be able to keep up. Early in the movie, I'm laughing to myself because I'm obviously editing the strong language as I read. But my kid goes, "OH my gosh, he told that other guy to, 'Piss Off!'" She said it rather nonchalantly and if I didn't react with shock and laughter, it would have passed. But to see a little girl say, "Piss Off!" is one of the most funny things I have ever seen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ted, you are having MEGA fun with that daughter of yours. Well, she's really not YOURS; she has ownerhsip of herself, unique being that she is Great to hear your chronicles. Congratulations on finding the key to your life. -sj

 
-- --