May 17, 2007

It's Time...

Music | The Walk by Imogen Heap

Late last night, I headed out to a bar, lots of drinks, lots of smoke and interesting conversations. I went intending to write down streams of thought, for inspiration, ideas, and plans. Over the last few months, I've come to realize I've been stagnant - as a photographer, artist and even as a person. I haven't challenged myself into creating or doing something new. Not to say the jobs I have had have not been challenging, but I've been solving problems that may have arisen in the same way I have been. I'm not into falling and getting comfortable into formulaic solutions. But in the back of my head, I know I haven't done anything to stir up some mojo.

During my stream of thought writing, on my over sized index cards, I wrote...
"Step up and move into the next level. It is time. Venture out and embrace the unknown."

Shortly there after, I had a brief conversation with a gentleman sitting next to me. He asked how my writing was going. I told him I was trying to stir up inspirations, come up with ideas for execution. "Execution!!!" he said. "Isn't that a wonderful word? Often difficult to achieve, but once put into action, almost always there is a result of change, mostly towards the positive."

I thought for a moment I was having a conversation with a wise man who spoke his words to me out of the blue, then said goodbye and left.

So I've got ideas in my head, inspirations conjuring. My plan is to do something that will put me in a higher plane, a level I haven't reached ever, or at least in a very long time. It is time...

No comments:

 
-- --