April 27, 2016

Progress...

2 steps forward and 1 or 2 backwards. I imagine this is a good way to learn as I am not going to get ahead of myself. I'm still working out the Platinum Palladium printing, of which I am still having a hard time judging exposure, but also, the digital negative aspect of the process. My first go around actually went well rendering a nice Pt/Pd print as well as my second and third. I wanted to lock down my printing preferences and went thru the steps to set it all back up. I tried a "quick" print yesterday only to find that the neg was too thin. I know I made some changes from the previous version I did, but only more accurate to the initial instructions. Needless to say I will recheck the preferences and try another print. I'm only hoping that this process will give me a better understanding of the tasks.

These last 2 weeks have been enlightening. Progress is a desire now, more so than in a long time. Unlike Wet Plate Collodion, Platinum Palladium printing is making more sense to me. The progression is linear and I can find my way back on track with a bit more ease. I'm not saying I suspect the road to be easy, but I'm feeling more confident so far. Can't wait to get back at it later today.

No comments:

 
-- --