May 10, 2016

More Hands On...

Music | Clair De Lune by Michael Dulin

A print doesn't seem complete when it isn't mounted and matted. I've always preferred the follow through of execution when displaying or even just showing prints. The least thing we can do when showing prints is to have a good amount of space around the image to remove as much distraction as possible.

Now that I am printing more, the vocabulary of mats, beveled edges, razors are back in the fold. I just went to the art store to buy some linen tape. I m starting to prepare to mount and mat some of the images I've recently printed. All of the things that was since a pain in the ass to do back in the day, I am actually looking forward to doing. Time will actually be used to physically create or change my world, as opposed to working in the virtual world.

No comments:

 
-- --