July 08, 2016

Sanity, Consciousnes, Unconsciousness...

Music | Play by Funk

I know that one of the huge effects for me to be and stay creative is the health of my sanity. It may work as distraction to the realities of my life, but at this point, I roll with it. I feel positive, I have short term goals that I need to accomplish, which often feeds my endorphins to keep positive. I have in a rudimentary way, figured out how to quickly move out of creative blocks or times of getting depressed. I know that I have been on this wave for several years. I hope to continue til I move on...

Phanthia and I are back on track with working with each other again. We go on runs for several months, then more than several months of not working with each other. I've found in many matters of life, things like this just fall into place and it turns out to be a very good work flow. This time with Phanthia, it was 11 months ago since we shot last...

Without consciously thinking about details, it has occurred to me that if I let things go with the flow for the most part, things fall into place and for quite sometime, mostly in a very positive manner. I'd like to think that I've allowed my unconscious self be my guide. In any case, whether if it is my mind that is slowly decaying, which I really do think is happening, I've lately often let intuition take its course.

Yesterday, Phanthia and I went to Sauvie Island. I had scouted with Susan de Witt about 3 weeks ago and found a great trail to do some images. Of course I hadn't thought of the sheer weight of carrying about the Burke and James, besides the Majestic Tripod. Terrain is such that I wouldn't be able to use the wheeled carrier either. Quickly deciding that I wouldn't even try, I found another location, walking distance from truck to the spot where the camera would be and just easy access all the way around.


Phanthia wearing wardrobe by Elizabeth Rohloff. Sauvie Island

I find evidence in my images, my thought process after the image was taken, was often based on good decisions. The thing is, I don't make those decisions consciously. I remember the only time I made a decision about this image that I at least remember, is that I wanted to raise the camera to where the line of trees in the background didn't intersect with the top of Phanthia's head. Everything else seemed to fall into place...

No reason to try and find an answer to the way things have been going. As I said before, I'm on a great run and hope to continue...

No comments:

 
-- --