February 05, 2005

Inspiration

Inspiration can come from anywhere, at the most unlikely places and often from people that are the closest to you. For Christmas, I gave my 5 year old a digital camera. At the begining of the year, we started to go out on photo field trips together. I let her go and do her thing. I'm often enlightened by the things she comes back with and I learned early on that she wants her photos to be hers. Whenever I would suggest a point of view or subject matter, she just walks away from me...

We went to a park she loves going to and just walked. Here and there she goes, snapping away. Good thing got her a large memory card! Coming back home and reviewing her photos together, we go thru them and delete "ugly" ones and keep the "pretty" ones. It will be cool to see her progression as she gets older. Anyway, days had past and I took a look at them again, under a little less chaotic circumstances. I saw three really great images she shot. I took the liberty of converting this image to Black and White. I loved this one so much, I printed it out with the intention of hanging it. Her Mom saw it and decided she wanted it as well. I gave in and it now hangs in their house.

1 comment:

Randy said...

Isn't it wonderful and refreshing to view the world through a child's eye? In part, this is the gift of digital photography. We can offer our childrent a way to document and record their world and their journey through it with no boundaries.

 
-- --