February 03, 2006

Like I was young again...

I was up until 4 a.m. working towards pushing forward with the completion of a new update to one of my sites. This hasn't been a smooth project, but somehow coming along pretty well. At least that is my judgement a mere 5 hours later from where I left off without getting much sleep. I was supposed to compile images first, like anyone who had their shit together. I sort of went along, pulling images from here and there as I was going along. Maybe later I'll really go for my best photos, but I'm feeling good at where I am. I still have some copy to write, tie together loose ends before launch, which should be sometime early next week. But since I got the majority of the photos up, it may be even sooner. My schedule this week has been pretty hectic. 3 shoots, and more editing too!

I was talking to an up and coming graphic artist the other day about work schedules. He was telling me his normal day is, sleep starts at 5 a.m. (Maybe that is what gave me a push to work til 4!) Anyway, he sleeps til 3 or 4 in the afternoon and starts his day over again. Most of his communincation is via email. I told him he could tell his clients that he is based in Europe somewhere, hence the odd times of his email. Anyway, I remember quite often starting my darkroom marathons at 10 p.m, printing thru the night til early morning. It was the only time of the day where I have responsability to no one. I'd have "A Love Supreme" going or listen to my favorite late nite dj on the radio and just go. I remember those days fondly, but those days far distant lost to when I was younger...

No comments:

 
-- --