December 29, 2006

Back to Old School...

I use that term so often, "old school". To me, it is the phrase people of my generation are using the way the "olden days" were used in the generation before mine. Well, maybe a bit further back than just a generation... As time moves forward and things change for what is thought an improvement, it often seems to me that things get more complicated. The perceived notion that things are better are only short lived, especially when you make a comparison to the way it used to be done.

So... I'm not going back to the darkroom, or going film, or listening to vinyl or 8 track, nope. My wedding website, Erio Mishima Photographié was converted to a Flash site about a year ago. I thought I needed to make it "flashy" (get the pun?). But in order to do so, I had to purchase a template, because I don't have the knowledge to make one myself. I'm also too poor to have one designed specifically for me (it ain't cheap!).

HTML, the mother of the internet is coming back home. I opted to go this route because I can design and execute this site all by myself. I will be able to make changes or additions a little easier, hopefully I'll climb up the search engine ladder, and mostly be unique again. I know of at least 5 other photographers using the same template as I am. The only real difference is the background colours and music (and I hate music on websites!). My portrait website has been html and more than likely won't ever go Flash. Mishima Photography.

The initial design I worked on yesterday night, or should I say earlier this morning. Seems whenever I worked in the darkroom or work on a website, I start around 10PM and go til 2 or 3 in the morning. I'm hoping to have most of the design done by early next week, then start building at the dawn of 2007. A good way to start the year!

No comments:

 
-- --