December 20, 2006

What to do...?

Music | Friend of the Night by Mogwai

A few weeks ago, I got a call from my folks at an odd time. I knew it was bad news. I found out my father has non Hodgkin's lymphomic cancer. He doesn't have a lot of time on his hands and to make things worse, his chemo treatments aren't treating him well. Not by far the worst thing to happen is that he lost his hair. Because of distance issues, I felt a little helpless as to what I could do for support. I thought I'd give him a laugh by shaving my own head. A friend photographer and I went out in the rain today to the river front to shoot. Here is one from the session...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your dad, Tsutomu. It's definitely a difficult thing to have to undergo with someone you love. If he's anything like you though, I'm sure he's a strong, resilient individual that will take what comes with strength, honor, and diginity. Take care, Tsutomu, and hug your daughter extra tight.

Angel

Tammy said...

Looks Good Ted! My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Chris Mende said...

Sorry about your father. Your picture shows your pain, mostly in your apparent stoicism.
I'm the one who posted about Ruth Bernhard on DWF - I've just been through a similarly painful time.
My thoughts are with you!

 
-- --