June 22, 2007

This is the way I like to roll...

Music | All the Things You Are by Charles Mingus

Back in the late 90's, I had a 1985 Volkswagen Jetta GLi. I did little things to it to make the driving experience more personal. It was an amazingly fun car to drive. I kept that car thru to 2002 and went thru an Acura, Audi and most recently a Volvo. Today, I purchased another Jetta. A GLX with a VR6 engine, all ready lowered with nice BBS wheels, black leather interior and clean as a whistle. The car is 12 years old, but you'd never know it. Photos usually make cars look better than they really are, but I have to say, this photos is very representative to how the car looks...



This evening, my daughter and I went on a "fun" excursion. We did zero to 60, back to zero as fast as we could. We took on and off ramps about 30 to 40 mph faster than we were supposed to. We screached the wheels upon take offs as the g forces thru left and right hand turns slammed us on either side of our seats.

Driving is fun again. I noticed I was driving with a big smile on my face. I'm suprised i didn't wave to everyone, just because I was so happy.

No comments:

 
-- --