July 26, 2007

Connection

Music | Blues Connotation by Ornette Coleman

Sometimes I really love the internet. As cold and distant it can be, on rare occasions it brings together the world in ways no one would have ever imagined. I was thinking this as I was signing off on correspondence with my Japanese name to a black woman who lives in Atlanta. She had spent a few years in Yokohama working as a musician and fell in love with the Japanese culture. I was reminiscing about a Jazz bar in Yokohama called the Minton House. I found those photos and it brought me back to when I was there. Late evening with my 2 cousins, a girl who had a huge crush on me, music to the likes of John Coltrane, Eric Dolphy, Miles Davis, beer and edemame...

One really has to think how all things are really connected...

No comments:

 
-- --