April 09, 2008

Going back to Bigger

Music | Miss You by The Rolling Stones

In search for more definition to being an artist, I'm back stepping with my photography, back to film and back to large format. Researching the internet, I've found a few places that I'm settling into, of note, Large Format Photography Forum. I've all ready found a few local photographers from the forum who have invited me into their circle. Once a month, they meet, show prints and talk Big Cameras! Yesterday at Hop Works Urban Brewery, I met with 7 other photographers and shared a few prints.

I found myself refreshed by the images from real film and old processes of Platinum/Palladium, Silver Geletin, Selenium Toning... I don't plan on going back into the darkroom, but feeling and touching metal on paper brought back fond memories... I wanted to come and show a few images, new and old and selected "Jeanette, #2"...



Shot on a 4x5 camera on Polaroid Type 55 film, close to 2 decades ago, looking at this print brings me back to the very day I shot it. I remember my mood, my approach for the shoot, and thinking I could stop right now and be happy. I even remember her fragrance...

So to start, I've pulled out my 1950's era Busch 4x5 field camera, bought the last box of type 56 Sepia Polaroid film from the local photography shop and if things go well, I'll continue with actual sheet film and let it take me back, way back...

No comments:

 
-- --