September 25, 2005

photos

After receiving some voice of grievance about not having posted photos from my G5 from one of my contemporaries, as I promissed, I went out this afternoon and walked a part of the industrial areas of the city.





The G5 has amazingly good detail in the shadows, though noisy to say the least. The full res file is reminicent of Tri-X, even though the file was shot at iso 200. The camera itself is just a joy to use. The ergonomics works, and all important controls are easily accessible.

The Hotel sign I found weeks ago while scouting for a location for another shoot. I can't imagine how old it is, but it looks like it has been there for many decades.

I love the ladder shot, though obvious with it's symbolism. I think we all have been in situations where our goals seem out of reach.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Randy said...

Looks like you've been having problems with spammers. Why don't they just go away? Do they honestly think this works for them?

Nice images. I really like the old hotel signage, not so fond of the second image, but it's nice to see you using your new toy again! Now we just need to convince you to add this blog to your web site. Great work!

Erio said...

Yes, the spammers hit one minute after another as I posted my blog. I had to resort to the word verification to try and stop them.

Toy? Excuse me, you of all people I would never expected to call a camera a toy, regardless if it is a point and shoot. This little baby is just another tool to add to the arsenal.

Randy said...

Toy...is just an expression for your new camera that you are so fond of, like a little kid and a new toy. Semantics...

semantics |səˈmantiks| plural noun [usu. treated as sing. ] the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. There are a number of branches and subbranches of semantics, including formal semantics, which studies the logical aspects of meaning, such as sense, reference, implication, and logical form, lexical semantics, which studies word meanings and word relations, and conceptual semantics, which studies the cognitive structure of meaning. • the meaning of a word, phrase, sentence, or text : such quibbling over semantics may seem petty stuff.

 
-- --