September 19, 2005

Spur of the moment

Having some down time between ceremony and reception, I had lots of time to "play" with my clients. I've been on a roll with Isolation Portraits, where I find or create a simple, nondescript background and shoot. Out of context, the bride, groom or whomever I photograph becomes a description of the person and less about an event. The location where we were at for the reception had these beautiful panels. From a distance, the feel was of metal and rust. As it was, the shot I knew was a keeper when I hit the shutter. With some additional techniques, I came up this...

1 comment:

Randy said...

Sweet! Very nice image...I don't like the yellowish sepia, I personally prefer more of a brown tint, but I bet your bride will treasure this image the rest of her life. A classic!

 
-- --