September 01, 2005

G5

I've wanted this camera for even longer than I've wanted my slr I'm been shooting with. Because I thought it was more of a novelty of owning the G5, I never thought I'd be able to justify having one. Not that this camera is at all a toy, but I couldn't use it for work. But with some timely ebay sales and finding this unit on ebay for a great price, I have it in my hands today.

I've coveted the G5 since the day it came out. With its nostolgic shape of cameras of old, the beautiful black body and the fast lens, I really wanted one. Though the G5 has been replaced by a more organically shaped G6, putting out bigger file sized image, the G5 was always the camera for me. It is not much of a compact point and shoot. It is also a little heavy for its size. But the feel of this camera in my hands may be the closest thing I'll ever get to shooting with a Leica M3. Yeah, I know there are no comparisons to the 2 cameras, but it is my fantasy.

I hope to carry this camera with me as often as I can and photograph whatever that interests me. It is small enough where people won't take me too seriously. I tried carrying my slr with me for months, and though I had it with me quite a bit, it became a production just taking the beast out of the bag.

Anyway, here is a photo of my used/new camera...



Hopefully I'll be posting lots more photos!

No comments:

 
-- --