January 24, 2006

Storage

It isn't that I have shot profusely in the last few years, but I have shot more in the last 2 years than I have in quite some time. And now that I am in the midst of recreating my websites, herein lies my problem. I have folders of images on CD, DVD and various hard drives. I'm finding for a continuity thought process, I need to have images available at moments notice. Having to pull a CD or DVD from images I shot from previous years is dividing my work flow. I think I am going to have to invest an a large capacity device where I can store at least 2 years worth of work. It only makes sense to me, especially as I go thru various mediums and not be able to follow thru on an idea.

1 comment:

Randy said...

I hear you on that one! My solution years ago, was to set up a folder of selects or advertising selects. Whenever I was editing a wedding or a shoot and found an image that I wanted to consider for marketing purposes later, I simply dropped a copy into that folder. Saves you TONS of time later.

Following through on that idea this past year is another story. I'm doing the same thing, but having to go back through everything from the past year. Luckily, it all resides on a hard drive, but I feel your pain. Been there...Done that!

 
-- --