February 02, 2007

Artist Portrait...

Music | Move with Me by Neneh Cherry

I just had communicato with a bride I shot 5 years ago. Thru an artist friend, I was introduced to Roberta, who was looking for someone to photograph her wedding. In our consultation, I learned she was an amazing artist, getting ready to quit her 9 to 5 to work full time as an artist. She showed me her studio, which I found to be amazing as well. I love to see where people who have specific places, create. I find little objects, clues, inspiration as to whom they are and what and why they conceive.

I knew that I wanted to photograph Roberta as part of my artists series that I was working on, and as you know, still am. It is nice to see the threads from 5 years ago stretching across time and continuing with some semblance of what I'm shooting today. Actually, I really love this shot of Roberta and is one of my favorites.

No comments:

 
-- --