February 27, 2007

Katrina

Music | O Mio Babbino Caro from Gianni Scicchi by Kiri Te Kanawa

Not everyone gets to photograph great looking people as much as I do. Others of course have the opportunity much more than I but I feel rather lucky to be in the position I often find myself in. Today was no exception. My shoot was for a client that hired this model for 1/2 the day. I got to spend the entire time behind the camera looking at her and photographing her. The job often is rather stifling and uncreative, but during downtime, I ask the models if they want to just shoot. Not in the context of the job, but just to shoot.

The scene often involves me scurrying around moving lights and changing sets and props, making more simplicity than the chaos all around us. There is chaos in my actions to get to the point of shooting in this way, but lots of times, it is worth it...



And today worked out extra great because this was only one of M A N Y shots that were fantastic.

1 comment:

Randy said...

I love the quality of light on her face and the Amelie innocence about her overall. Very well done!

 
-- --