February 13, 2007

Mnemosyne

Music | So Beautiful by Millenia Nova

We create our own inspiration when we are open to the world around us. I've found even thru embattling times, the muse can still appear and allow us to create. Sometimes she is waiting for us to turn the corner to reveal herself. She may lay hidden, just below the surface needing the most simple act to reach above. I know now that the key is motion, the act of moving that is the pivotal enabler. No pain no gain... What makes the muse so powerful is that she is intoxicating. She not only affect the artist, but anyone around the artist. With her, there's always strength.

--

Today I learned my friend SJ Hammack had her opening last week in St Louis. Her works of art are nicely displayed for her solo show. Make sure you click and let load the panoramas.
...Really impressive!

--

I've noticed some uncertainty in some of the photographs I've processed lately. I know I'm struggling with what I do and what is all ready out there from others. I thrive in believing that my approach is unique. I've served years and years developing what I hope to consider my style (if I have such a thing...). I'm shaking myself up and I know it. It isn't a pleasant place to be, but I've got confidence that growth lies on the other side. My muse is with me thru this and I'm comforted by that.

No comments:

 
-- --