October 30, 2007

Anna...

Music | Spring Vibes by Echophlekz

What influences you? If you were a movie, a director, a writer, a country, who or where would they be? I've noticed I have a lot a lot of loves, but they don't always affect my actions as an artist. If I were to create a piece using John Coltrane's, A Love Supreme, what would it look like? I'm starting to ask myself these questions, but formeost, I've been wondering what has been influencing me, lately...

I've been looking at a lot of photography coming out of Eastern Europe, mostly from Poland. The theme coming from there wreaks of imperfection, decadence, raw, but very sensual.

I did a shoot a few weeks ago. I brought my studio lights, and used them for 3/4 of the time I was there. I knew I wasn't getting the light I wanted. I turned them off and just went with the floor lamp bouncing off the ceiling. A little reflector here and there and I got the essence of what I was after...


No comments:

 
-- --