January 08, 2008

Helvetia Tavern...

Music | Destiny by Zero 7

Portland Hamburgers has been a mouth watering experience ever since I discovered it late last year. It seems my friend Tony has really taken to it as well. He has been dying to go to few of the places that have been featured there. Today, he made me an offer I couldn't refuse... He'd buy lunch if I drove and took pictures... Hopefully, his write up will be on
Portland Hamburgers as well and he can call himself a full fledged food critic!





Here is what Tony wrote..."Me and My photographer friend Erio went for a destination burger at the Helvetia Tavern, just north of Hillsboro, Oregon. We were not disappointed.

We both went for the Jumbo Cheese Burger and split a large fry. The Jumbo is served on an oversized bun and features: two quarter-pound, fresh (never frozen) pattys from Ponderosa Meats in Aloha; special sauce made from mayo, mustard, and relish; shredded iceberg lettuce, tomato, onion, and 8 or 10 pickle slices. A deal at $7.75. The fries are hand cut daily and cooked up not-too-squishy and not-too-crisp. Erio chose a bottomless RC Cola for $1.75 and I had a PBR for $2.50.

Rustic and authentic old-west architecture. Friendly staff. Regular people.

You can call me Pattydaddy."

No comments:

 
-- --