January 21, 2008

Relationships...

Music | #41 by Dave Mathews

There are a few things in the world that I could build things around and live happy. I have a sweater vest that is older than I am that my Mom's cousin gave me when I was in high school. My $15 black hat I bought over the summer that I not only wear on special occasions, but just for the hell of it. I have a 10mm open/box combination wrench that fits in my hand just so and everytime I get to use it, it just feels right. Design wise, I absolutely love my MacBook Pro. Everything about it is just right... (It is too bad in a few years, I'll feel differently... technology both sucks and is amazing at the same time). I used to have a 1976 BMW Motorcycle that was a part of me when I rode it. It was my perfect motorcycle.

The other day, my friends Paul and Reneé gave me a rice cooker that I believe will have the same panache as those things that are just right. I know it is rather sacrilegious to use a rice cooker not made in Japan, but I have a good feeling about it. Simple design, nostalgic looks, easy to clean... May this relationship blossom for years and years to come...

No comments:

 
-- --