January 10, 2008

To Discern...

Music | Long As You're Living by Abbey Lincoln

I put images out there for people to see and appreciate, and then I put images out there and know that only a handful of people will see and appreciate. I think in the back of my mind, I want to hear someone validate my photography, my view of things... It rarely happens for me, but when it does, the feeling really hits home. I like the idea of someone saying, "I get it, Ted, I understand!"

When that happens, it feels like I'm allowed to go deeper, get dirtier and grittier, to get even closer to the soul. It allows me to be bolder and take more time.

This personal journey that has been resurrected recently has opened up my eyes, for now. I know this moment is fleeting and I have to take from it all I can.

No comments:

 
-- --