May 02, 2008

Align

Music | The Stride by Abdullah Ibrahim

There are facets of my recent life as an artist that are falling into place and if I didn't stop to look around, I could easily take it all for granted. It is only May and I've all ready been in 2 group shows, possibly another of new work in June. Photographically, I've met some really talented large format photographers which coincides with my own interest in shooting with my 4x5 and 8x10. I'm pretty much set up to learn from a master printer to learn how to print Platinum Palladium photographs. I've started dialogues with not only photographers, but other artists to discuss their works in progress and their mindset in creating. I've been visiting various galleries to view and study work I admire and have fed off of the creativity. More importantly, I've been out creating, taking chances and trying to move forward. The Creative Gods have not lined up for me in this way for as long as I can remember. There is lots of movement and I have to not only enjoy the ride, but feed it so I can keep going...

No comments:

 
-- --