June 29, 2008

More on Mom...

Music | Who Used to Dance by Abbey Lincoln

I'm getting ready for my trip back to see my Mom in a few days, since the bad news that was brought on to us. I realized there are things that cannot wait and others things that just don't matter much at all.

I sprung to action regarding a photo that I shot of her, probably not more than 10-12 years ago when she and my Dad still lived in Chicago. Thru out her life, she has been adventurous, having competitively jumped horses, piloted glider planes and always beat the boys in running races when she was younger.

I don't remember specifically, but I'm sure during this day, we were sitting in the living room doing nothing in particular when my Mom could have just grabbed my jacket and put it on. I may have had a point and shoot in the pocket and added the sun glasses for more effect. A quick pose and a quick few snaps and here is a photo that depicts my Mom... adventurous, humorous, with a bit of spontaneity...



And btw, I do recall my Mom wanted to go to the grocery store one afternoon when I rode my motorcycle instead of driving the car. She really needed to go so she got on the back of my bike with my over sized helmet on her tiny head and we headed off. She had to be at least 70 years old at the time and never missed a beat. The looks we got were great!

No comments:

 
-- --