June 23, 2008

Patience...

Music | Ode to Tip by Fred Anderson

I was recently the lucky beneficiary of a camera I've yearned for since I knew I was never going to get my Hasselblad back that I sold in the early 2000's. This camera has been going up and down in price, but never so low that I was able to pick one up for myself. Now, I finally have one and am in the midst of having to wait for my film to get processed and have proofs made, just like the pre digital days where I would drop my film off at Walgreens and would have to wait as much as a week to see the photos.



I dropped off my 1st roll of film to the lab earlier today and was told I had to wait until Thursday to see the fruits of my labor. In a few months, I will be processing my own film and my feedback to see what I have shot won't be so filled with the pleasant anxiety and frustration I feel now, now that I do in fact have to wait. In time... I keep telling myself that in time, I will be able to get going with what I want to start achieving right now. I have no choice but to be patient.

No comments:

 
-- --