November 12, 2006

The act of cultivating...

Music | Time is a Healer by Eva Cassidy

A few important things happened to me today... along with the exercise below, I went awry of my usual solutions to lighting and took the advice of Sean Kernan. I've kept things pretty simple for a long time. As described earlier, and in musical terms, I decided to expand on my "one note lighting" to something with more layers and sophistication. I didn't let my frustration stop me from pushing my "experiment" to only fall back on old faithful. I felt confident that I could follow up with something different for me. EA was my subject for "100" and also sat for me for a portrait. I had a great time working things out. I've accumulated enough tools for quite a bit of unusual lighting, but I kept the simplicity aspect in check. All these years shooting, I'm again realizing some things need and take time. Lessons are being learned, again...


No comments:

 
-- --