November 29, 2006

What I Miss...

Music | Must be Dreaming by Frou Frou

I'm sitting at a newer café I'm starting to frequent and am enjoying the new digs. A change is always a good thing, keep moving, keep experiencing something new. I'm not sure if this is a Portland thing, but I just noticed women here don't often wear a scent. It came to me suddenly when a petite, attractive woman who just took a seat nearby and is wearing a very familiar scent. They say aroma is the strongest sense which often brings back memory the clearest. The moment she sat, the waft of the familiar hit me strongly. For some reason though, I'm only reminded that I just know this scent, but cannot place it. I feel good though, so I know it comes from a good place.

It is just heavier than the air that it shares in this space. Only when someone comes thru the door and when she moves my way can I get another whiff. It is Cathy who wore this same scent! Now I remember. She worked in the same studio that I worked in, way back, a long time ago. She wore this scent the same way, light and airy, almost subconscious.

Nice...

No comments:

 
-- --