September 04, 2007

Square

Music | Pieces Of The Past (For Joseph H. Lewis) by Vandermark 5

I don't even know how long ago it was that I bought this plastic camera called a Holga. You can still buy these cameras for under $30 at most camera stores. They use 120 sized film and because of their "Low" fidelity qualities, the images are often dreamy. I think it was over 2 years ago that I finally bought some film for the camera to shoot. I was planning on shooting the 12 exposures in one late afternoon, but never got around to finishing the roll. So finally, I had good reason to pull that film out to process and see what I had taken. I only remember that I shot mostly in the Cathedral Park area near the St. John's Bridge. A friend's daughter is interested in photography and wanted an unusual camera to take with her while she went to school in Rome. I gladly offered mine as it was just sitting. Well, now that I have seen the fruits of my past labor, I want one again!!! Anyway, here are a few images from that session, 2 years ago...







All images scanned off 5x5 inch prints. No retouching has been done to any of the images...

1 comment:

Kristen said...

beautiful! i love my holga. i love the light leaks and the imperfections. i haven't shot with it for three years. i may have to wipe the dust off it and bring it back out!

 
-- --