January 29, 2013

Silver Base

Music | Everlasting by Rufus and Chaka Khan

Along with shooting a smaller format with the Rolleiflex, the idea of shooting with my 8x10 Century in Wet Plates, I've decided to try one more interest to add to my plate. The transition to shooting paper negatives isn't too far off from my wet plates. I'll start off using the 4x5 with regular film holders to hold the paper negs. Since I will be making either contact prints or scanning and making digital prints, I won't need a full fledged darkroom. In fact, the only thing I needed to go this route is to buy paper and developer!


I'm hoping to get some testing in tomorrow!

It has been so long that I worked with Dektol and Ilford. The aroma alone will send me back in time, when I had a darkroom, printing til 4 or 5 in the morning... It is interesting making a circle of sorts in my photographic career. Nice to know, I've traveled a long way!

No comments:

 
-- --