June 06, 2006

Throckmorton Gallery | NYC

My timing to see 2 really important exhibitions in NYC was impeccably horrible as Graciela Iturbide's show closes the day I would be able to see it and then the opening to...

CLASSIC BEAUTY: Photographs of Female Nudes

Photographs by Manuel Alvarez Bravo, Lucien Clergue, Valdir Cruz, Fritz Henle,
Flor Garduño, and Edward Weston

June 22 - September 2, 2006
Throckmorton Fine Art Gallery

opens the same day I leave. I emailed the fine, fine folks at Throckmorton Fine Art to see if I could somehow come in before the opening and was ecstatic to find in my email today...

"Dear Ted,

Spencer and I will be out of town but Luke Leonard will be here
and he can show you the exhibition. Please call him in advance to set
up a time.

Thank you so much.

All the best!

Regards,

Kraige Block, Director
Throckmorton Fine Art"

The thought of seeing original works by Edward Weston, Manual Alverez Bravo, and Lucien Clergue is making me want to leave for NYC now. I'm also interested in seeing the works of the 2 artists I am not familiar with.

With this as my kickstart, I'll have to do more research to see what else is happening in the Big Apple as my day slowly approaches.


by Manuel Alvarez Bravo "La Buena Fama Durniendo
(Good Reputation Sleeping, 1938)"

No comments:

 
-- --